It’s back to school which means back to the daily grind of hurried breakfasts and packing lunches. These chocolate almond date balls are perfect for on-the-go snacking, a lunchbox treat or a healthy nighttime dessert. These are made with only four ingredients and will satisfy a sweet tooth
in no time.
- 2 cups dates, soaked
- (if they are Medjool dates, there’s no need to soak them)
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Place dates in a bowl of warm water and let soak for 30 minutes. (unless they’re Medjool)
- Place almonds in food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs.
- Add dates, almond butter, cocoa powder and salt, and pulse until the mixture is well combined. You will likely have to take the lid off and scrape the bowl down a couple of times.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.