Pack vegetables into a meal that is also comforting and delicious. This recipe is made in the Instant Pot, making it a breeze to make. Feel free to swap out the pasta for whole grain pasta or quinoa for more of a protein punch!
- 5 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, ends chopped off and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- 3 cups finely chopped kale
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute function.
- Add the diced pancetta and cook for about 5 minutes, until it starts crisping up and releasing some of its fat.
- Add the diced onion, carrots and celery, tossing to combine, and cook another 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add the squash, diced tomatoes, dried herbs, beans, broth and pasta.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is closed.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes and then release completely.
- Stir in the chopped kale, and let it cook in the hot soup for about 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded Parmesan cheese.