Edina Magazine enjoys showcasing the community in a number of ways, and that includes sharing readers' points of view through what they see, appreciate and capture with their cameras.
Each spring, we encourage readers to submit their favorite photos to our Images of Edina photo contest. Whether it's a picture of their family, pets, a local landmark or a beautiful landscape they saw while out and about, we want to see it!
Edina Magazine accepts photo submissions from May 1 through June 30 through our website at edinamag.com. Submitted photos are reviewed by our editorial and art departments and a panel of judges from the city of Edina to determine the winners.
Winning photos are decided by consensus, so each submission is carefully considered. Though we certainly consider subject and photo quality, our favorite photos are the ones that illustrate and celebrate this community through the perspective of the photographer. We select runners-up and honorable mentions as the number and quality of photos allow.
Readers can also vote online for their favorite photo submissions in the Readers' Choice category from July 1 through July 31.
Winners, runners-up and honorable mentions in the following categories receive consideration for photo placement in an upcoming issue of Edina Magazine and on our website and social media pages.
- Activities & Events
- Places in Edina
- Plants & Animals
Photo Contest Rules and Details
- Submissions are accepted at edinamag.com between May 1 and June 30.
- Entrants must live, work or attend school in Edina.
- Entrants may submit up to five photos, with no more than three in any category.
- Photos should be taken in Edina.
- Generally, photos should have been taken within a year of the submission date.
- Readers' Choice voting takes place from July 1 through July 31 at edinamag.com.