Edina celebrates its artistic side in the annual gathering.
- NEW TO THE FAIR: Cleverly dubbed “Foot in the Fair,” this exhibit will feature handmade artwork from up-and-coming Edina Public School artists who want to lend a hand in this year’s show and, thus, get a foot in the fair.
- TOP-SECRET PARKING TIPS: Don’t fall prey to parking fees. Try parking on 49 1/2 Street, next to the Caribou Coffee, where you’ll find free underground parking that’s a breeze.
- MUSICAL MUST SEES: Spice up the evening with sultry salsa songs by Salsabrosa on June 3, 5–7 p.m. Join in the jazz sensations of the Twin Cities Hot Club on June 4, 3–6 p.m., and put a swing in your step with The Riverside Swing Band on June 5, 3–5 p.m.
- FOR THE KIDS: Located by the fountain on West 50th Street, a corner art zone will cater to the kids. Make sand art creations or have your face painted. Attention families: Don’t miss a charming performance by the Teddy Bear Band in the M&I Bank main stage at the Edina 5-0 mall lot on June 3, 10:15–11 a.m.
- FOOD FAVORITES: The main stage at the 5-0 mall lot will once again host food favorites of the fair. New this year are Auntie’s egg rolls, and you’ll also enjoy feasting on mini donuts, kettle corn, gyros, corn dogs and more!
Edina Art Fair
June 3–5 at 50th and France.10 a.m.–7p.m. Fri.–Sat., 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Sun. Admission is free.
November 2013 Edina Magazine