Like many fair-skinned redheads, Mollie Michura, owner of The Glow Lounge in Edina, understands that she and the sun are not friends. So she’s set out to provide a service solely focused on sunless tanning. According to Glow Lounge manager Krin Madsen, Glow Lounge mixes a custom formula for each client. “It’s different than a traditional spray tan because it’s a person [applying the tan] instead of a booth or a machine.” They use heat-infused spray tanning, a top-of-the-line technology, for application. “Because of that, we’re able to offer much more natural looking results,” Madsen says.
Tips for sunless tans:
- Exfoliate before treatment.
- No spa treatments immediately afterward.
- Moisturize in the days after to maintain your tan, but avoid products with mineral oil.
- No exfoliating for four to five days afterward.
- This month, Glow Lounge partners with Melanoma Awareness, a local nonprofit, to raise money for skin cancer education.