The Edina Hockey Association continues to grow, hosting several tournaments each year. Along with the Braemar 50th anniversary celebration in December, the arena also hosts several large tournaments each year, with teams from around the country for some, and from around the world for others.
The Youth Hockey Invitational will begin December 30. Braemar general manager Susie Miller explains that over 70 teams from all over, including Canada, come to participate in this high-level youth hockey tournament.
“We do 17 tournaments a year at Braemar, and this is the largest,” Miller says. With such high-intensity hockey occurring all winter long, it’s no surprise that Edina was also selected as the Hockey Capital of Minnesota this year.
Don’t miss all the hockey action at Braemar Arena this winter:
- December 5 is the Braemar Arena 50th anniversary celebration.
- Boys and girls high school teams host home games at 1, 3, 5, and 7 p.m. all winter long.
- Boys high school Edina Holiday Classic will be held December 17, 18 and 19.
- Girls high school Walser Cup is December 28, 29 and 30.
- The Youth Hockey Invitational is December 30-January 3.