Day of the Dead. Lean into the adjacent Mexican holiday with bright, colorful decor pieces that are more celebratory than spooky.
The Alchemist/Mad Scientist with apothecary-themed decor and an anatomical garnish bar.
Arachnophobia. 2020 was the year of the bats; make 2021 the year of the spiders!
Syringe-filled Dirty Shirley Cocktail
(Adult-version of the classic Shirley Temple mocktail)
• 2 shots top shelf vodka
• Sprite or other lemon/lime carbonated soda (Can substitute in Gingerale for less sweetness.
• Syringe of local Jinx Tea Ruby Red Punch (Available in crawlers, growlers and more at Jinx Tea)
• Optional: grenadine & bourbon cocktail cherries
Pour two shots of vodka into a glass, top with ice and Sprite. Place syringe in glass until ready to serve.
Optional: Skeleton Garnish Board - cherries, olives, lemons, limes, orange peels & more
Bloody Rum Punch
(a take on the traditional sangria)
• 1 (750-milliliter) bottle light rum
• 1/2 (750-milliliter) bottle red wine
• 3/4 cup Triple Sec
• 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, (approx. 6 limes)
• 3/4 cup simple syrup (We used Prohibition Reserve - sugar rree)
• 2 Limes, sliced into wheels
• 2 Red oranges, sliced into wheels (We included blackberries, raspberries and blueberries to create the crown)
In a large punch bowl or pitcher, combine all ingredients, including lime and orange slices, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving (overnight is better). Rim glassware with spooky, sugary cocktail rimmer.
Optional: Serve with large skull ice mold
Rock Candy Champagne Cocktail
(Halloween version of a French 75) with a sidecar of a Whisky Ginger Alcohol Gummy.
Garnish Champagne flute with a gummy and stick of rock candy. Pour Champagne or prosecco into flute and watch what happens!! (Best to use Halloween colors but works for any occasion!)
Available at S+J: Cast iron skull bottle openers, Skeleton / Skull Matches, Ethan + Ashe Alkemista Infusion Vessel, Bennett Bitters - Exorcism, Scorpion + Wild Hunt, Jack Rudy Cocktail Co. Vermouth Brined Olives, Grenadine + Bourbon Cocktail Cherries, True Brands Bloody Mary Olives by Collins, Local Maker LOVEJOY’s Bloody Mary Mix + Burn Your Face Hot Sauce, and Liber & Co. Blood Orange Cordial
Flocked Skulls, Flocked skull garland (used to create chandelier as well as table garland) beaded webs (as table cover, also great in windows or covered porch). Black Cocktail Rimmer on glassware + Prohibition Reserve Sugar Free Simple Syrup. Cast iron spiders, Smith & Sinclair Alcohol Gummies. Contributors: Sugar Skull Charcuterie Board by @grazelocalmn, grazelocalmn.com. Spider Cake Pops by local teen baker Maisy James of @_maisybakes, maisymade.com. Jinx Tea punch @jinx.tea, jinxtea.com