Rhubarb always makes me nostalgic for my childhood, as I have great memories of picking it from my grandma’s garden and devouring her rhubarb cake. Rhubarb simple syrup is a wonderful use for this abundant spring produce. I love using it in margaritas, shandys or just adding a splash to my sparkling water.
Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- 6 cups chopped rhubarb, approximately 4-5 stalks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- In a medium saucepan, add the rhubarb, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until the rhubarb has softened.
- Set a fine mesh strainer over a glass bowl and pour the rhubarb mixture into the strainer to strain out all of the rhubarb solids.
- Store the simple syrup in the refrigerator in an airtight container.