Five Twin Cities chefs are among the contenders for Best Chef: Midwest, and the full list of James Beard Award semifinalists features several other local chefs and restaurants.
The James Beard Award semifinalists for 2020 are out, and as usual, the Twin Cities are well-represented.
Best New Restaurant
- Demi, Minneapolis
Outstanding Bar Program
- Colita, Minneapolis
- Gavin Kaysen, Spoon and Stable, Minneapolis
Outstanding Pastry Chef
- Diane Moua, Spoon and Stable, Minneapolis
- Restaurant Alma, Minneapolis
Best Chef: Midwest
- Steven Brown, Tilia, Minneapolis
- Daniel del Prado, Martina, Minneapolis
- Jamie Malone, Grand Café, Minneapolis
- Christina Nguyen, Hai Hai, Minneapolis
- Hai Truong, Ngon Vietnamese Bistro, St. Paul, MN
Rising Star Chef
- Rikki Giambruno, Hyacinth, St. Paul, MN
Last year, Ann Kim of Young Joni won Best Chef: Midwest. The full list of 2020 semifinalists can be found here.