Local childcare centers seek to provide environments suited to children’s needs. By incorporating suggestions provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health, childcare centers also provide added assurance that kids in their care are as safe as possible from the virus that causes COVID-19.
In addition to enhanced sanitation practices, many of the following CDC recommendations are happening in local childcare centers:
- Social distancing strategies
- Same group of students each day
- Cancel or postponement of large events, festivals and performances
- Limits on group interactions
- Low student-to-teacher ratios in the classrooms
- Modified pick-up and drop-off procedures
- Staggered pick-up and drop-off times
- Hand hygiene stations at entries
- Advising that the same parent or guardian pick up each day
- Mask wearing indoors for all adults and children who are old enough
- Requiring those who are sick to remain home
A little more from these Edina preschools:
The Berry Patch
Beginning with seven children in the home of Berrie Lounsberry nearly 38 years ago, The Berry Patch has expanded and now operates out of Calvary Church in Edina.
Dedicated to helping children discover a true love of learning, The Berry Patch is a multi-generational, community-based school that is known for its premier learning environment for children between the ages of 18 months to 5 years old.
Families are welcome to request a personal tour or register for the school anytime during the academic year.
Especially for Children
As a family-and-locally-owned organization since 1976, Especially for Children (EFC) is committed to building strong community relationships with parents, staff and children. EFC is home to eight locations.
Interested families can take virtual tours and call for information; however, face-to-face tours are available upon request. In order to limit interactions with students and staff at the facility, families are encouraged to observe from hallways. Requesting information and registration is open year-round.
* This story has been updated. Programming at Especially for Children in Edina welcomes infants, toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners. The story originally stated that only kindergarten was available. We regret the error.
Accentuating each child’s unique strengths from as young as 6 months old, Kinderberry Hill focuses on providing kids with the necessary resources to explore the world around them. Inviting teachers to learn alongside students, the curriculum encourages discovery, curiosity and confidence in knowledge across their eight locations.
Families can request information, tour and register anytime. However, each family’s ability to register depends on what kind of care they are looking for, when they need to start and what is available at the facility at the time.