Three ideas for happy hour at Edina restaurants
When it comes time to raise a glass, Barrio, Pittsburgh Blue and Rojo Mexican Grill have all the right stuff. Edina restaurant goers have plenty to cheer with ever-expanding happy hour options in Edina.
Say olé to happiness with generous food and drink specials. With a margarita or red sangria, your happy hour is complete. Happy hour runs Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 p.m. Nab one of the patio tables for a lively street-side view of 50th and France. Paired with Latin heat, this happy hour really sizzles.
• Maestro Dobel tequila flights, $10
• Barrio margarita, mama Cita, Modelo King can, red sangria and featured wines, $5
• Michelada Cerveza cocktail and El Toro Cerveza cocktail, $4
• All tap beer, $2 off
With 10 food specials, there’s something for everyone. Most are shareable, adding to the fun.
• Adobo chicken quesadilla, or queso fundido with warm tortillas $6 add chorizo $3
• Potato sopes $5
• Chicken tamale (fried egg $2 extra) or chicken-black bean tostada, $4
• Gringo taco, pork taco, chicken taco or mahi mahi taco, $3.50
Rojo Mexican Grill
Every day is a vacation day at Rojo Mexican Grill. A festive happy hour offers an escape from the day-to-day grind. With a full roster of appetizer, margarita, sangria and beer specials, the daily celebration is quiet only on Sundays. Happy hour runs from 3–6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Late-night happy hour is from 8–10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 p.m. until midnight on Friday and Saturday. Specials are available in the bar, lounge and patio.
• Red or white sangria, $6.75
• Skinny 97, $6.50
• Rojo margarita on the rocks or frozen, $6.25
• House red or white wine, $5.75
• Dos XX draft or Coors Light, $4.75
• Tecate can, $3.50
• Tostadas, $6.25
• Chicken skewers, $6
• Shrimp and corn cheese crisps, $6
• Chicken and poblano chile, chorizo and black olives or barbecue pork cheese crisps, $5.75
• Roasted poblano queso, $5; cheese quesadilla, $5 (add chicken or pork $1.25, carne asada $1.50)
• Nachos, $5.25 (add chicken or beef $1.25)
• Three cheese crisps, $4.75
• Cotija grilled corn, $3.75
Happy hour is a great way to connect with colleagues, co-workers and friends, especially on Pittsburgh Blue’s patio. An abundance of tempting food and drink specials sets the stage for a good time to be had by all. The good times keep going here. Happy hour goes from 3–6 p.m. daily, with a late-night option from 9 p.m. until close Monday through Thursday, 10 p.m. until close on Friday and Saturday, and 3 p.m. until close on Sunday.
• Creative cocktails are hand-crafted and new features appear for the season.
• Coors Light, Fulton Lonely Blonde, chardonnay, cabernet or well cocktails, $5
• Vodka lemonade, $6
• Whiskey sour, $8
The cuisine is chef-crafted and loaded with tasty extras—no shortcuts here. The charmingly charred Wimpy burger is a favorite.
• Cheese and housemade crackers or loaded potato skins, $4
• Barbecue pork tacos or the Wimpy burger, $5
• Grilled cheese fingers, chicken wings or double-stack burger, $6
• Crab nachos, lettuce wraps or triple-stack burger, $7