This recipe originally appeared as part of the story Sweets by Sweet Meadow in the Aug. 2019 issue.
Meadow’s Cereal Bars
- 3 Tbsp. butter (You can add more if you want them softer.)
- 1 10 oz. package marshmallows (You can add more for softer treats.)
- 6 cups of cereal of your choice (rice cereal, puff cereal, fruit rings, etc.)
- Optional: chocolate chips, sprinkles, sugar glitter
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal of your choice. Stir until well coated.
- Using your hands (buttered or dipped in water), a buttered spatula or wax paper, press cereal mixture into 13 x 9-inch pan coated in butter, nonstick cooking spray, or layered in parchment paper. Cool. Cut into whatever size you want! You can also use cookie cutters if you want fun shaped treats! Best if served the same day.
- For especially festive treats, dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with candy or sugar.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.