This one skillet meal uses local sausages from Butcher & the Boar and plenty of veggies.
When it gets too hot to turn on the oven for dinner, let the grill do the work! I am a huge fan of one skillet/pan meals when I’m in the kitchen because that means less dirty dishes, and I created this one skillet meal for the grill for just that reason. I love using local cheddar sausages from Butcher & the Boar, but any of your favorite sausages will work in this recipe.
Grilled Cheddar Sausage and Pepper Skillet
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. cheddar sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Place the veggies in a large bowl.
- In small ramekin, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the veggies and toss well to combine.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the veggies to a grill pan and place on grill.
- Grill for 20–25 minutes, until preferred doneness. I like mine a little on the crispy side, so I cooked mine closer to 25 minutes.
- For the last 10 minutes of the veggie cookie time, add the sausage to the grill pan and toss with the veggies.
- Serve and enjoy!