These homemade snacks are perfect for stocking the pantry.
Having two sons means I always need to have a stocked snack bin in the pantry and the refrigerator. It seems they are bottomless pits and they’re only preschoolers! I always have a combination of store-bought convenient snacks, cut vegetables, fruit and cheese sticks on hand. I also like to make homemade snacks such as date nut balls or homemade granola bars. These No Bake Oat Nut Bars are one of their favorites.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup chopped nuts
For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Combine peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan.
- Melt over medium-low heat and stir frequently, until mixture is melted and smooth. This should just take a few minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla, mixing to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flaxseed meal, chia seeds and peanut butter mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper-lined 8×8-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to allow bars to cool and chocolate to set.