Our Best of Edina finalists have your cocktail and mocktail recipe needs covered.
Hosting a summer party is a Minnesota tradition. Whether it’s at your cabin, in your backyard, a barbecue or a poolside hangout, there’s that elusive question—what kind of drink will you serve? Look no further because our finalists in the Tavern/Bar/Brewery category have your cocktail and mocktail recipe needs covered.
- 1 ½ oz. soda water
- 1/3 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. grapefruit juice
- 1 2/3 oz. Cocchi Americano (a white sweet vermouth)
- 2 oz. sparkling rosé (preferably Lambrusco but a dry cava will work great too!)
Place all ingredients in a wine glass and top with ice. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit.
- 1 ½ oz. honey syrup (1 cup honey, 1 cup hot water. Mix honey and water together. Allow to cool before using.)
- 1 ½ oz. lemon juice
- 4 oz. soda water
Shake honey syrup and lemon juice together. Mix with soda water and pour into a Collins glass. Garnish with a lemon peel.
- 1 1/2 oz. Gran Centenario Anejo
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 4 thin slices of cucumber
- 8 cilantro leaves
- Ginger beer
Place cucumber and cilantro in a mixing glass, muddle gently to bring out flavors, add tequila, lime juice and ice, shake briefly. Pour contents of mixing tin into a Collins glass, add ice to fill, top with ginger beer, garnish with lime, cucumber and cilantro sprig. To make a mocktail, Patrick McNulty of Barrio says, “You could make a pitcher of it as a mocktail, and then your guests looking to imbibe could add tequila to taste.”